Ayurvedic Massage Oil for Brain and Nervous System Health.
Holistic.ly’s Brahmi Sesame Oil is a simple blend of brahmi in a grounding and warming sesame oil base. Though simple in its components, its effects are not. Brahmi is legendary, according to ayurveda, for its mind enhancing and nervous system soothing effects. It is often used to treat Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s dementia, ADHD, Asperger’s syndrome, autism, depression and addiction. Using the oil topically has many benefits:
- Supports the nervous system and aids recovery from exhaustion and stress
- Supports brain function by improving memory, concentration and learning ability
- Helps joint pain
- Promotes healthy sleep patterns-especially when applied to the head and/or feet at night
- Warming and grounding tonic for vata and kapha
- Supports healthy hair growth
- Calms anxiety and clears the mind
Directions: Brahmi Oil is particularly useful when applied to scalp and/or feet at night before bed. May be used as a daily massage oil or for special applications as directed by an ayurvedic practitioner. Massage into your skin before your shower or bath, paying extra attention to the feet and scalp. Oil massage is typically self-administered prior to a shower so that the moist heat from the water helps the oil penetrate deep into the tissues. When practiced regularly this can reduce or eliminate the need for an after shower lotion.
*For a more cooling application suitable for fiery pitta constitutions, see holistic.ly’s Brahmi Coconut Oil.
Ingredients: Organic Sesame Oil, Organic Brahmi (Centella Asiatica)