Medicated Ghee for Liver Support and Detoxification.
Holistic.ly’s Tikta Ghee is a traditional ghee recipe medicated with a blend of bitter, blood cleansing herbs. “Tikta Ghrtm”, as it known in Sanskrit, is a traditional ayurvedic medicinal translated as “bitter ghee” and could be considered the quintessential bitter medicine. According to ayurveda, the bitter taste is cooling, cleansing, reducing, antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory. Tikta ghee is taken internally and used to support the liver and treat conditions due to high pitta. It is typically used in larger doses for internal oleation in panchakarma but is suitable for daily use in smaller amounts.
In addition to strengthening and cleansing the liver and blood tissue, tikta ghee:
• Detoxifies all tissues of the body
• Balances the hormones
• Improves skin health and beautifies the complexion
• Useful in acne, eczema, psoriasis, rashes, burns and other skin conditions including warts
• Reduces inflammation throughout the body
• Cools excess heat in the body
• Improves arthritic symptoms
• Promotes healing of hemorrhoids
• Promotes healing of skin sores and wounds
• Balancing for all doshas, especially Pitta and Kapha
Directions: This product should be prescribed and used under the supervision of an ayurvedic practitioner. For internal administration, 1/4-1 teaspoon daily mixed with an herbal formula or melted in a small amount of warm water or tea and then drunk; or as directed by your practitioner. Not suitable to be mixed into food preparations due to extreme bitter taste.
Ingredients: Organic Ghee, Trichosanthes, Organic Neem, Organic Daru Haridra, Abuta, Organic Gentian, Organic Mustha, Organic Kalmegh, Organic Kutaja, Kutki, Organic Pippali, Organic Rakta Chandana